Donate

Our Blog

Recent Posts
Be BOLD in Your Aging!
Be BOLD in Your Aging!

The cover of the October 2020 issue of Better Homes & Garden magazine caught my attention.  First, because of its different take on decorating a ...
Continue

I Bet You Were Good Looking When You Were Young
I Bet You Were Good Looking When You Were Young

“I bet you used to be really good looking when you were young”, was a comment made to Glen Dunbar by a younger woman at a party.  Glen was in......
Continue

What Would York County Look Like if We All Embraced Aging?
What Would York County Look Like if We All Embraced Aging?

Only 30% of our aging is genetic. The other 70% is related to lifestyle and environment. Because no two people are exactly the same, we each experienc...
Continue

There’s an Invisible Barrier Impacting our Aging... Do you know what it is?
There’s an Invisible Barrier Impacting our Aging... Do you know what it is?

We want to live easily in our homes and communities and have the best quality of life possible as we age. But there’s an invisible barrier threateni...
Continue

Are the Words You Speak Ageist?
Are the Words You Speak Ageist?

“I dread getting old!” “That elderly man should not be driving.” Do you see anything wrong with the language above?  The statements convey ag...
Continue

Here’s What I Told Senator Bob Casey about the Impact of COVID on Our Aging Community
Here’s What I Told Senator Bob Casey about the Impact of COVID on Our Aging Community

As honored as I was to testify in 2017 on Aging with Community: Building Connections that Last a Lifetime, I felt a deeper responsibility to ...
Continue